Check back soon for our latest updates!
On Friday 1st December at 8.00 p.m. sharp the Annual General Meeting of the GUI (Men’s) Committee of Strandhill Golf Club will take place in the Clubhouse.
1. Nominations for Officers and Ordinary Members of the Men’s Club must be submitted in writing, with the names of a proposer and seconder, to the Honorary Secretary of the Men’s Club not less than 7 days prior to the date of the particular Annual General Meeting.
2. Motions to be voted upon at the Annual General Meeting of the Men’s Club must be submitted in writing, with the names of a proposer and seconder, to the Honorary Secretary not less than 7days prior to the date of the particular Annual General Meeting.
Strandhill Golf Club hosted the Children Safeguarding Course 1 on Thursday 16th November with instructor Ms Mary Leyden.
Confederation of Golf in Ireland are running a Cluster based series of Networking Seminars at Golf Clubs nationwide
Up to 18 Network Seminars are taking place on a cluster basis between the end of November through to early March 2018
The Confederation of Golf in Ireland (CGI), the body set up to support, promote and develop the game of golf on the island of Ireland, are hosting a cluster series of networking seminars at Golf Clubs across the country.
Three seminars are scheduled in Q4, with the remaining 15 seminars taking place in Q1 of 2018.
Over the course of the seminars, CGI will openly discuss the key challenges and opportunities for clubs and the cluster clubs can share stories and benefit from joint learning.
The format for the evening will be:
|6:30 – 7:00pm||Members of the One Governing Body Discussions Group will be on site to give an update on the developments of One Governing Body.
Light refreshments will be available during this time.
|7:00-7:45 pm||Information sharing sessions|
|7:45-8:45 pm||Breakout sessions to discuss the following:
· Separating club captain and chairperson roles- is that good for continuity & accountability?
· Are your club structures right sized & fit for purpose?
· What motivates club volunteers?
· Stopping the race to the bottom – are price increases the answer?
· Financial benchmarking – how do we measure up?
· Planning to succeed and become sustainable – are you heading in the right direction?
|8:45-9:00 pm||Wrap up and next steps.|
|North Dublin||Forrest Little Golf Club||21st Nov||Book Here|
|Donegal / Derry||Letterkenny Golf Club||23rd Nov||Book Here|
|Galway||Galway Golf Club||6th Dec||Book Here|
|Mid Ulster||Omagh Golf Club||18th Jan||Book Here|
|Antrim / N Belfast||Ballymena Golf Club||24th Jan||Book Here|
|S Belfast / Down||Lisburn Golf Club||25th Jan||Book Here|
|Leitrim / Cavan / Monaghan||Cavan Golf Club||31st Jan||Book Here|
|Sligo / Sth Donegal / N R'ComRoscommon||Co Sligo Golf Club||1st Feb||Available in Jan|
|Mayo / Sth Roscommon||Castlebar Golf Club||7th Feb||Available in Jan|
|Midland Counties||Athlone Golf Club||8th Feb||Available in Jan|
|Louth / Meath||Ardee Golf Club||13th Feb||Available in Jan|
|Kildare / West & South Dublin||Newlands Golf Club||15th Feb||Available in Jan|
|Wicklow / Carlow / Wexford||Courtown Golf Club||20th Feb||Available in Jan|
|Clare / Limerick||Castletroy Golf Club||22nd Feb||Available in Jan|
|Tipp / Laois / N. Munster||Thurles Golf Club||28th Feb||Available in Jan|
|Waterford / Kilkenny||Waterford Golf Club||1st March||Available in Jan|
|Kerry||Killarney Golf Club||7th March||Available in Jan|
|Cork||Douglas Golf Club||8th March||Available in Jan|
For more details on the Confederation of Golf in Ireland, check out www.cgigolf.org or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @CGI_Golf